- About FS
- Faculty Awards
- FS-L Disc. List
- Benefits Committee
- Chancellor's Reports
- Council of Graduate Students
- Curriculum Reports
- Diploma with Names of Missouri S&T and Collaborative University Proposal
- Guest Speakers
- Judicial Committees
- Officers' Reports
- Proposal Residential College
- Proposed Special Program: Global Studies Minor
- Provost's Reports
- Staff Council
- Standing Committees
- Student Council
Volume XXXVI, Number 2
Minutes of the Academic Council Meeting
XXXVI, Number 2. The meeting was called to order at 1:30 p.m. by President-Elect Robert Schwartz. Roll call was taken and absentees noted were:
I. Call to Order, Roll, and Approval of Minutes
President Schwartz called the meeting to order at 13.30 and roll was taken. The following absentees were noted: Robert Mitchell, Jonathan Hines, Joseph Herdade. The following substitutes were noted: Ching-Nen Nathan Chen for Yue-wern Huang, Francisca Oboh-Ikuehobe for Eliot Atekwana, Greg Story for Michael Schultz.
Minutes of the June 16, 2005 and September 22, 2005 meetings were approved as submitted.
II. REPORTS AND RESPONSES
A. President's Report – Robert Schwartz
B. Chancellor's Report – John Carney III
C. Provost's Report - Y. T. Shah
III. REPORTS OF STANDING AND SPECIAL COMMITTEES
A. Curricula Committee – Keith Nisbett
The written report of 8.18.05 was referenced relative to:
1. Five (5) program curriculum changes (DC) that were approved by voice vote.
2. Nineteen (19) course changes (CC) were approved by voice vote.
3. Eleven (11) experimental courses (EC) were noted. (AC approval not required)
IV. OLD BUSINESS
A. Election of Committee Representatives – Don Myers
1. The following slate of nominees, as approved by RP&A, were submitted and elected by acclamation.
Budgetary Affairs (1) Lance Haynes
Personnel (2) Neil Book, Donald Myers
Student Awards & Financial Aids (3) Mark Mullin, James Martin, Anne Cotterill
Curricula (2) Michael Schultz, K.S. Issac
Grievance (5) Barbara Hale, Levent Acar, S.N. Samaranayake, Halvard Nystrom, Paul Worsey
Facilities (3) Klaus Woelk, Balakrishnan, Robert Stone
Scholastic Appeal (3) Eun Soo Park, Maggie Cheng, Michael Meagher
V. NEW BUSINESS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
A. Strategic Plan – R. Schwartz
Resolution AC-0506R2 “Support of Chancellor Carney’s 2-Page Strategic Action Plan” was passed by voice vote.
B. Staff Council – Lee Ann Morton
The Council supports the Strategic Action Plan and new officers have been elected.
C. Student Council –
D. Council of Graduate Students – P. Shil
The GPA Workshop is currently being held. The Council has concerns about issues such as graduate student housing, access of Engineering students to the Writing Center, summer registration for resident students. It was agreed that Y.T. Shah would report back on the registration issue at the next meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 14.30.
* Minutes of the Academic Council are considered official notification and documentation of actions approved.